Update 07/23/20: In case you missed it, or are in need of a refresh, here is our full recording of our ERAS 2021 Summit — and for more videos, be sure to subscribe to our YouTube Channel here.
Hello everyone! By way of introduction, I’m Dr. Eli Freiman. I’m a Board-certified pediatrician, teaching-award winning Pediatric Emergency Medicine fellow at Harvard Medical School/Boston Children’s Hospital, and I’ve served as a senior residency consultant and USMLE tutor for Med School Tutors since 2014.
I’m thrilled to be hosting our upcoming ERAS 2021 Virtual Summit event, designed for medical students applying for residency positions during this year’s Match cycle. COVID-19 has thrown us all for a loop, and we at MST have been hearing from so many of you that changes to the application, interview, and Match processes are adding tremendous stress to what traditionally is already a super-stressful situation.
With this in mind, we’ve created an event to demystify the process and to provide practical tips, step-by-step guidance, and application pearls from our consultants, many of whom are members of residency admissions committees. Our goal at MST is simple: to optimally prepare you to succeed in attaining the residency position of your dreams, COVID-19 notwithstanding.
I wanted to give you a preview of what you can expect when you join us on Saturday, July 18th.
Our interactive LIVE event will feature the topics below and will also include raffles for personalized residency consulting hours as well as some fun giveaways.
There will be an opportunity for you to ask questions during the Q&A portion of our program, but I also encourage you to post your questions in the Comments section below, and we’ll do our best to address them as we finalize the session content. I look forward to seeing you there!
Here’s what you can expect to learn at MST’s ERAS 2021 Summit (preliminary agenda):
- Adjusting your planning to accommodate this year’s revised timeline (think new dates for application submission, MSPE release, etc, etc)
- Step-by-step checklist on performing like a superstar in virtual Zoom interviews: our academic technologist, a leader on the forefront of setting applicants up for virtual success, will present best Zoom practices. She will advise re: lighting, sound, backdrops, tech, wardrobe, dry runs, and everything in between.
- Declaring your interest in programs in the absence of traditional “away” rotations
- Obtaining strong letters of recommendation from faculty with limited personal interaction, and whether it’s OK to include fewer than the max number of LORs
- Addressing red flags on your application, especially if you haven’t been able to take Step 2 CK due to Prometric closures
- Developing a strong personal statement narrative (hint: we advise against building your story around COVID-19)
- Performing a final sweep on your ERAS application before you click “submit”
- Interviewing the program that’s interviewing you: how to evaluate and rank programs you’ve never seen, with residents you haven’t gotten to know
- And much more!
We’ll also tell you what you can expect while working with a MST Residency Consultant. Their personal and professional successes have qualified them to join our team, and they’ve helped hundreds of students attain their goals. We’ll share our Match statistics from the past few ERAS and NRMP cycles, and will introduce you to some of our former students (now outstanding residents in competitive specialties!) who’ve been helped by our residency consultants’ expertise and personalized 1:1 guidance.
Again, I invite you to post your questions below in the Comments section, and to be sure to join me LIVE on July 18th for an event that we guarantee will put you well on your way to a successful 2021 Match!
All my best,