Greatness comes with a learning curve. And if something is to be learned, someone must teach it. Behind every hero is a mentor who has his or her back. Let one of these brilliant tutors be a part of your origin story.
The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania, MBA Candidate 2020
Renoux A.J, Carducci N.M, Ahmady A.A, & Todd P.K. Fragile X mental retardation protein expression in Alzheimer's disease
Renoux A.J, Sala-Hamrick K.J, Carducci N.M, Frazer M, Halsey K.E, Sutton M.A, Dolan D.F, Murphy G.G, & Todd
James B. Angell Scholar
Academic honors or recognition: Member of Mensa. Member of Phi Beta Kappa and Alpha Omega Alpha honor societies.Research & publications: I have published multiple first author publications in radiation oncology.
My current research interest is in ER and healthcare decision making.
Junior AOA Member
Created Public Health Curriculum for Columbia's Harlem Public Health Commune
Columbia Mailman School of Public Health — MPH, 2017
Ehrhardt, K.*, Guinn, M. T.*, Quarton, T., Zhang, M., & Bleris, L. (2015). Reconfigurable hybrid interface for molecular marker diagnostics and in-situ reporting. Biosensors and Bioelectronics, Volume 74, 15 December 2015, Pages 744-750, ISSN 0956-5663, .doi.org/10.1016/j.bios.2015.07.035. (*equal
Guinn, M. & Bleris, L. (2014). Biological 2-Input Decoder Circuit in Human Cells. ACS Synthetic Biology.
Li, Y., Moore, R.*, Guinn, M.*, & Bleris, L. (2012). Transcription activator-like effector hybrids for conditional control and rewiring of chromosomal transgene expression. Scientific Reports 2: 897. (*equal contribution)
Medical Scientist Training Program Fellowship (MSTP), 2015-2023
NYU Stern School of Business, MBA Candidate 2020Awards:
Kelsch, R., Wiliams, W. “1st Place Student and Resident Category Common Side of Effects of Hormonal Contraceptives: A Comprehensive Literature and Prescribing Information Review”. Linacre Quarterly. 2017;84:187-195.
Tao, L., Bhushan, V., Sochat, M., Chavda, Y. First Aid for the USMLE Step 1 2017. New York: McGraw-Hill Education, 2017. (Associate Author: Kelsch, R.)
Haus, M., Kelsch, R., and Jacobs, T. Application of Optical Topometry to Analysis of the Plant Epidermis. Plant Physiology. 2015;169:946-959.
Kelsch, R., and Goel, A. “Atrio-oesophageal fistula.” Radiopaedia.org. http://radiopaedia.org/
CCOM Alumni Association Merit Scholarship Recipient
Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
Gold Humanism Honor Society
Deans List St. George’s University January 2016-Present
Golden Stethoscope Award December 2017 from SGU’s Board of Clinical Skills for strongest interpersonal and clinical skills from a class of 526 students of MS1 and MS2 Basic Sciences
21st Century/Gamble Scholar – full merit scholarship to the Perelman School of Medicine
Campus Compact Newman Civic Fellow
Helped discover a new disease, published in Cell
Lu, W.; Zhang, Y.; McDonald, D.; Jing, H.; Carroll, B.; Robertson, N.; Zhang, Q.; Griffin, H.; Sanderson, S.; Lakey, J.; Morgan, N.; Reynard, L.; Zheng, L.; Murdock, H.; Turvey, S.; Hackett, S.; Prestidge, T.; Hall, J.; Cant, A.; Matthews, H.; Santibanez Koref, M.; Simon, A.; Korolchuk, V.; Lenardo, M.; Hambleton, S.; Su, H. (2014). "Dual Proteolytic Pathways Govern Glycolysis and Immune Competence" (PDF). Cell. 159(7): 1578-1590.
Co-wrote a case report on
1. Sethia R, Wiet GJ. Preoperative preparation for otologic surgery: temporal bone simulation. Curr Opin Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2015 Oct;23(5):355-359.
2. Orczyk JJ, Sethia R, Doster D, Garraghty PE. Transcriptome response to infraorbital nerve transection in the gonadally intact male rat barrel cortex: RNA-seq. J Comp Neurol. 2016 Jan 1;524(1):152-159.
3. Malekpour M, Kulwin C, Bohnstedt BN, Radmand G, Sethia R, Mendenhall SK, Weyhenmeyer J, Hendricks BK, Leipzig T, Payner TD, Shah MV, Scott J, DeNardo A, Sahlein D, Cohen-Gadol AA. Effect of Short-term ε-Aminocaproic Acid Treatment on Patients undergoing Endovascular Coil Embolization following Aneurysmal Subarachnoid Hemorrhage. J Neurosurg. 2017 May;126(5):1606-1613.
4. Sethia R, Kerwin TF, Wiet GJ. Performance Assessment for Mastoidectomy. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2017 Jan;156(1):61-69.
5. Bohnstedt BN, Ziemba-Davis M, Sethia R, Payner TD, DeNardo A, Scott J, Cohen-Gadol AA. Comparison of endovascular and microsurgical management of 208 basilar apex aneurysms. J Neurosurg. 2017 Jan 13:1-11.
6. Sethia R,
7. Ozbay I, Yumusakhuylu AC, Sethia R, Wei L, Old M, Agrawal A, Teknos T, Ozer E. One-year quality of life and functional outcomes of transoral robotic surgery for carcinoma of unknown primary. Head Neck. 2017 Aug;39(8):1596-1602.
8. Sethia R, Yumusakhuylu AC, Ozbay, I, Diavolitsis V, Brown N, Zhou S, Wei L, Old M, Agrawal A, Teknos T, Ozer E. Quality of life outcomes of transoral robotic surgery with or without adjuvant therapy for oropharyngeal cancer. Laryngoscope. 2017 Aug 3.