Our tutors, mentors and advisors are some of the most scholastically accomplished, diverse, and awarded medical students, residents and fellows out there. Whether you’re aiming for the 99th percentile on your exam, or getting the extra edge on your application, you’ve come to the right place. Want to become a tutor?
The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania, MBA Candidate 2020
Academic honors or recognition: Member of Mensa. Member of Phi Beta Kappa and Alpha Omega Alpha honor societies.Research & publications: I have published multiple first author publications in radiation oncology.
1. Adogwa O, Davison MA, Vuong VD, Desai SA, Lilly DT, Moreno J, Cheng J, Bagley C. Regional Variation in Opioid Use After Lumbar Spine Surgery. World Neurosurgery 2018. PMID: 30292669.
2. Davison MA, Vuong VD, Lilly DT, Desai SA, Moreno J, Cheng J, Bagley C, Adogwa O. Gender Differences in Use of Prolonged Nonoperative Therapies Before Index Lumbar Surgery. World Neurosurgery 2018. PMID: 30165230.
3. Adogwa O, Davison MA, Vuong VD, Khalid S, Lilly DT, Desai SA, Moreno J, Cheng J, Bagley C.
4. Davison MA, Norton DM, Popoff AM, Seder CW, March RJ. Hemolysis following wrap
5. Elsamadicy AA, Sergesketter AR, Kemeny H, Adogwa O, Tarnasky A, Charalambous L, Lubkin DET, Davison MA, Cheng J, Bagley CA, Karikari IO. Impact of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease on Postoperative Complication Rates, Ambulation, and Length of Hospital Stay After Elective Spinal Fusion (≥3 Levels) in Elderly Spine Deformity Patients. World Neurosurgery 2018. PMID: 29870850.
6. Adogwa O, Desai SA, Vuong VD, Lilly DT, Ouyang B, Davison M, Khalid S, Bagley CA, Cheng J. Extended Length of Stay in Elderly Patients After Lumbar Decompression and Fusion Surgery May Not Be Attributable to Baseline Illness Severity or Postoperative Complications. World Neurosurgery 2018. PMID: 29860014.
7. Davison MA, Ouyang B, Keppetipola KM, Chen M. Arterial diameter and the gender disparity in stroke thrombectomy outcomes. Journal of Neurointerventional Surgery 2018. PMID: 29440356.
8. Button KD, Braman JE, Davison MA, Wei F, Schaeffer MC, Haut RC. Rotational stiffness of American football shoes affects ankle biomechanics and injury severity. Journal of Biomechanical Engineering 2015. PMID: 25751589.
My current research interest is in ER and healthcare decision making.
Created Public Health Curriculum for Columbia's Harlem Public Health Commune
Columbia Mailman School of Public Health — MPH, 2017
Ehrhardt, K.*, Guinn, M. T.*, Quarton, T., Zhang, M., & Bleris, L. (2015). Reconfigurable hybrid interface for molecular marker diagnostics and in-situ reporting. Biosensors and Bioelectronics, Volume 74, 15 December 2015, Pages 744-750, ISSN 0956-5663, .doi.org/10.1016/j.bios.2015.07.035. (*equal
Guinn, M. & Bleris, L. (2014). Biological 2-Input Decoder Circuit in Human Cells. ACS Synthetic Biology.
Li, Y., Moore, R.*, Guinn, M.*, & Bleris, L. (2012). Transcription activator-like effector hybrids for conditional control and rewiring of chromosomal transgene expression. Scientific Reports 2: 897. (*equal contribution)
Medical Scientist Training Program Fellowship (MSTP), 2015-2023
NYU Stern School of Business, MBA Candidate 2020Awards:
Kelsch, R., Wiliams, W. “1st Place Student and Resident Category Common Side of Effects of Hormonal Contraceptives: A Comprehensive Literature and Prescribing Information Review”. Linacre Quarterly. 2017;84:187-195.
Tao, L., Bhushan, V., Sochat, M., Chavda, Y. First Aid for the USMLE Step 1 2017. New York: McGraw-Hill Education, 2017. (Associate Author: Kelsch, R.)
Haus, M., Kelsch, R., and Jacobs, T. Application of Optical Topometry to Analysis of the Plant Epidermis. Plant Physiology. 2015;169:946-959.
Kelsch, R., and Goel, A. “Atrio-oesophageal fistula.” Radiopaedia.org. http://radiopaedia.org/
CCOM Alumni Association Merit Scholarship Recipient
Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society, Phi Beta Kappa
Peer Reviewed Online Publications:
Lin T., Lin D., Zhang Z., Shah BA. Metastatic endometrial serous carcinoma to the breast. Appl Radiol. 2017;46(11):42-45 Awan LB., Bhandarkar G., Kim J., Lin T.
Primary mammary angiosarcoma in a male. Appl Radiol. 2017;46(10):33-25 Awan LB., Bhandarkar G., Kim J., Lin T. Primary mammary angiosarcoma in a male. Appl Radiol. 2017;46(10):33-25
“Folate-Functionalized Nanoparticles for Targeted Anti-Chlamydial Drug Delivery.” Proceedings of the 2013 National Conference for Undergraduate Research. Accepted August 2013.
Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
Gold Humanism Honor Society
Deans List St. George’s University January 2016-Present
Golden Stethoscope Award December 2017 from SGU’s Board of Clinical Skills for strongest interpersonal and clinical skills from a class of 526 students of MS1 and MS2 Basic Sciences
21st Century/Gamble Scholar – full merit scholarship to the Perelman School of Medicine
Campus Compact Newman Civic Fellow
Helped discover a new disease, published in Cell
Lu, W.; Zhang, Y.; McDonald, D.; Jing, H.; Carroll, B.; Robertson, N.; Zhang, Q.; Griffin, H.; Sanderson, S.; Lakey, J.; Morgan, N.; Reynard, L.; Zheng, L.; Murdock, H.; Turvey, S.; Hackett, S.; Prestidge, T.; Hall, J.; Cant, A.; Matthews, H.; Santibanez Koref, M.; Simon, A.; Korolchuk, V.; Lenardo, M.; Hambleton, S.; Su, H. (2014). "Dual Proteolytic Pathways Govern Glycolysis and Immune Competence" (PDF). Cell. 159(7): 1578-1590.
Co-wrote a case report on
Academic awards: AOA, Rhoads scholarship
Major publications: Use of nanoparticles in
Doctor of Pharmacy, St. Louis College of Pharmacy (2013)
I've co-authored an abstract on pediatric autism and a case report on Salmonella arteritis!