“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood…” – Theodore Roosevelt
Shoutouts + Accolades
The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania, MBA Candidate 2020
Honors and Awards
Neurosurgery 2018 Paper of the Year in Socioeconomics, Health Policy, & Law
Young Neurosurgeons Committee MISSION Fellowship
Neurosurgery Research and Education Foundation Medical Student Summer Fellowship
Summa Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa (undergraduate education at Harvard University)
1. Agarwal, P., Abdullah, K.G., Ramayya, A.G., Nayak, N.R., Lucas, T.H. A retrospective propensity score-matched early thromboembolic event analysis of prothrombin complex concentrate (PCC) versus fresh frozen plasma (FFP) for warfarin reversal prior to emergency neurosurgical procedures. Neurosurgery. 2018; 82(6): 877-886.
2. Gullbrand, S.E., Schaer, T.P., Agarwal, P., Bendigo, J.R., Dodge, G.R., Chen, W., Elliott, D.M., Mauck, R.L., Malhotra, N.R., Smith, L.J. Translation of an Injectable Triple-Interpenetrating-Network Hydrogel for Intervertebral Disc Regeneration in a Goat Model. Acta Biomaterialia. 2017; 60: 201-209.
3. Agarwal, N.*, Agarwal, P.*, Querry, A., Mazurkiewicz, A., Whiteside, B., Marroquin, O.C., Koscumb, S.F., Wecht, D.A., Friedlander, R.M. Reducing Surgical Infections and Implant Costs via a Novel Paradigm of Enhanced Physician Awareness. Neurosurgery. 2018; 82(5): 661-669. (*co-first authors)
4. Agarwal, P., Pierce, J., Welch, W.C. Cost analysis of spinal versus general anesthesia for lumbar discectomy and laminectomy spine surgery. World Neurosurgery. 2016; 89: 266-71.
5. Kapoor, V., Provost, A.C., Agarwal, P., Murthy, V.N. Activation of raphe nuclei triggers rapid and distinct effects on parallel olfactory bulb output channels. Nature Neuroscience. 2016; 19(2): 271-82.